Friday, January 28, 2011

Ready.. Set.. Here we GO!



I'm literally off to the races now..

Our Grand-Opening is scheduled for March 2011!!  I'm so Excited! 

(Although I am going to continue gathering market research material, there is no reason we cannot push forward. )

Here is what has been going on this past week in preparations for the Grand-Opening:
After much work I feel good about my business-plan and the lay-out of the company.  The expectations I now how for myself as well as my assistants is very clear and put in place in a way that will encourage maximum Fun and minimum stress.. so in other words, AWESOME!  =)  The entire company is self-funded, which is a big deal because that means I don't have the joys of paying off debt for the first couple of years while getting established. 
Last week I did finally decide on my character and costume for that.  ( I will post pictures once it is completed) I am "Lady Llama" and my assistant is Sabrina (who we will lovingly refer to) as "Sassy Mouse". 

Sabrina is a being home schooled by another wonderful entrepreneur mommy.  She is 15 and also taking classes at the local community college while continuing her Home school High-School curriculum.  She is so fit for this position, as she is a natural with children and has shown a level of maturity and responsibility at home as well as in the community.  She also shares my love of cooking, which makes us quite a pair together.

My very talented and professional artist, and brother Matthew Fox who also teaches art classes for a local dance/art school Culture House located in Olathe, KS is working on the design aspect for our logo.
And I have narrowed down the layout of our take-home and advertisement fliers.

Looking back at last week, I didn't feel like much was accomplished, but Oh my Goodness!!  We are in pretty good shape now!

Our first booking, and test group is tentatively scheduled for the first week of March, which forced me (its a good thing) to set a solid routine for the class.  Here is how we will work:

Groups of 3-12 children (we can accommodate for larger groups with notice)
In the days before my arrival for class a package will be delivered to the day-care/preschool/group containing aprons and decorating supplies for the children to personalize and wear for the class. (they of course will be keeping these and taking them home as an encouragement to continue cooking at home with mom and dad)
A felt board in the shape of a Llama will be posted for children to assemble puzzle-pieces to show what step we are on in the food-making process.
A whistle will sound at the end of each step, notifying us to place the next puzzle piece.
At the completion of the cooking class, we will spend the cool-off time we will clean up and then be able to feast on our creations!!
On the following Friday a package will be delivered to the day-care/preschool/group with an edited DVD showing our class and a Take-home flier containing the recipe and web-address to follow the classes and view the class on-line.

Here is my to-do list (updated):
Complete costume
Logo
Fliers
Llama Puzzle Board

So close I can almost "taste" it!!







Join me in my journey, and if you are local and have a 3-8 year old would like to participate in a free class/demonstration, contact me and we'll work out the details.  Also, if you have or know of other homeschooling teens locally who would like to work part-time as a fill-in for Sassy Mouse let me know!!

Grab a Kid and Get Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The kiddos and their parents will likely be reading, so Please keep ALL comments Positive and Family-Friendly. Thank-You!