Sunday, January 16, 2011

Almost there..


So much running through my mind right now.  I'm totally excited for this new adventure!  I'll be purchasing my final supplies this month, which technically puts me a month behind schedule, but I'm learning with 4 kids that I need to learn to be a little more flexible.

I have been saving pennies and also have been very fortunate to acquire many of the supplies I was needing to get started.  It really is starting to come together.  I have been working on my planning and teaching methods and I have what I think is an awesome approach to working with young kiddos.

*I plan to keep classes at around 3-6 kids at a time and use mostly recipes that are simple and leave room for creativity.  I want the kids to be as "hands-on" as possible. 

*The children will all be receive aprons the day before I come that they may decorate and wear when I come to visit and of course keep to take home and cook with their mom or dad.

*I wanted to come up with a visual for the kids so they can SEE what step we are on and how close we are to the final product.  So, there will be a large felt board in the shape of a Llama and project/recipe appropriate puzzle pieces that have the "step" we are on in the cooking or craft project on one side and a fun picture on the other side.  This will be another fun aspect to bring the kids in on the project.

*I also feel it is important that they get to experience all stages of cooking, but for the sake of time I will provide (if necessary) the next step in the cooking process pre-done to help move it along.

*The best part of all, the Eating!!  The kids will have the opportunity to eat their creations and take some home to mom or dad!

*They will also be sent home with fun tips for mom or dad to cook with their kids and the fun recipe of the day.

So, heres the plan... I've had several people suggest I start with daycares and preschools. (my favorite age group!!)  Then I'll have gained a support system and references to move on to homeschool groups or cooking camps locally.  I will need to have signed consent from each parent to have their children occasionally photographed and/or filmed for the purpose of this blog.

I am certainly open to any comments or suggestions.. and don't forget, to help me get the word out you should subscribe to this blog and tell others to follow my journey as well!

Grab a kid and Get Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The kiddos and their parents will likely be reading, so Please keep ALL comments Positive and Family-Friendly. Thank-You!