Tuesday, October 5, 2010

So much to do

So what we have now is an awesome idea, but I have many obstacles to over-come.

I need to decide if this should really be a "cooking course" or an "after-care program" (please comment and leave your thoughts..as a parent, what would be a better idea in your mind?)  On one hand, as a cooking course, it would be generally an expectation that the time would be spent each and every day cooking or preparing to cook, or at the very least learning about cooking.  This may be very simple to accomplish, but I certainly don't have a degree, just a love of cooking.  On the other hand, as an after-care program I would have more freedom with the time and be able to follow other interests with the children as well.  The down-side to that is, most parents would expect to continue having their children in the same after-care program year-round and may be turned off to the idea that they will need to find a new care-giver after 6-8 weeks.  ( I really would like to work with many different kiddos and so I would need a new "batch" after a time. LOL)

Location, location, location...
I considering two options, since we will only be cooking one main item each week, it may be a good idea to find a location that would hold us all a little easier.  There are many churches and a couple community centers here locally and I don't think any of them are doing anything with their kitchens on Wednesday's from 3:30-5:30/6pm.  That being said, I'm sure there are some that have Wednesday evening services, some with dinners, that they will need the kitchen for their own preparations. (PHew.. that was lengthy) My other option is just to do it all here.. I don't mind this, I just would need to make the space I have in the kitchen work for me, and I don't think it will be a problem.  As a matter of fact, as I'm typing this I think I'm making up my mind to just start here.  LOL thanks for your input ;-p

I will likely need to get approval from the city, to run a home-business.  However, in the future I plan to set this initiative as a non-profit and allow this site and my home as a ministry and tool to reach other children in the community with food, clothing and monetary donations supplied to Harvesters and local churches by myself and anyone else that may feel compelled to give. That part has me the most excited!!  I love happy kids, and lets face it.. happiness starts in 2 places; it starts in your belly and starts in your heart , Feed the Happy and Feed the Heart!!  And that is what we want to do here, feeding the kids with food and the gospel so they can be filled.. Over-fill their cup and let it flow out to all the corners of the world.

Matthew 5: 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Next week, I am hosting a rummage sale to help pay down our debts, simplify our lives, and start purchasing supplies to get things rolling.  Please pray for God's great wisdom and guidance on me as I embark on a new journey.  If you would like to donate supplies or funds to help get us started, you may contact me by email or leave a comment below and I will contact you.  Thank you all for your support.  May your day be greatly Blessed!
Grab a kid and get Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The kiddos and their parents will likely be reading, so Please keep ALL comments Positive and Family-Friendly. Thank-You!